Half Day Guided Biking Wine Tour
Bike Wine Tours
This is an ideal winery tour for those who want a snap shot of the views, tastes and flavours of the Marlborough wine region. No need for maps as your friendly and knowledgeable guide will take you from winery to winery on superb wine trails through the vineyards, on river stop-banks and down quiet country roads. Along the way you'll be inundated with spectacular views of the Richmond Range, Wither Hills, Wairau River and beautiful Marlborough vineyards.
You will learn a little of the history of the area around Blenheim, and the background to growing and producing wine in Marlborough. The highlight is a visit to three of our favourite wineries to taste some of the best wines of the region, including Sauvignon Blanc, Pinot Noir and a range of aromatics. Our tours are small and personal with a maximum of eight people per bike tour. Your guide will be with you the whole time to answer your questions and ensure you have the best possible experience.
You do not need to be an experienced cyclist to enjoy this bike tour. The pace is leisurely and the terrain is gentle, ensuring easy riding no matter what your skill level.
Don't worry about the weather - if it rains we just switch you to a driving wine tour so you still get to have a great day out.
- A friendly and knowledgeable guide to plan the route and give you information on the wines and the wine region
- Biking through Marlborough's beautiful countryside
- Learning about the history of the wine region and the wine industry
- Small groups so you receive a personalised experience (max 8)
- Gaining an understanding of the wines of Marlborough
- Having fun visiting three to four wineries and wine tasting at each
- Taste a range of Sauvignon Blancs from the different sub-regions of Marlborough
- Pick up and drop off from your accommodation within Blenheim and Renwick areas
- Afternoon tours are also available on demand
- Group or personalised tours can be arranged - just contact us and let us know your requirements
- Picton / Havelock pick-ups will incur a surcharge
What We Supply
- A friendly and knowledgeable guide
- Quality bikes and helmets
- All tasting fees included
- An Explore Marlborough drink bottle
- Muesli bar to keep you fuelled
What You Bring
- Comfortable clothing to cycle in
- Shoes suitable to walk and cycle in
- Fleece or windbreaker